Reproductive Health Counseling
"We recognize the right of the individual, married or single, to be free from unwarranted governmental intrusion into matters so fundamentally affecting a person as the decision whether to bear or beget a child. That right necessarily includes the right of a women to decide whether or not to terminate her pregnancy..."
-United States Supreme Court, January 22 1973
The Supreme Court has given you the right to choose. Choice assumes you are fully aware of all your options. At The Source for Women, it is our job to empower you with the information you need to make that informed choice.
What If I am Pregnant?
Most women want to have children, but when a pregnancy is unplanned, women are faced with a difficult decision. Adult and teenage women need to make difficult decisions when faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
"What if I'm pregnant?" Women may ask this question at many times in their lives and especially when their periods are late. If you think you are pregnant, you may be asking yourself many questions:
- Is having a baby the best choice for me?
- Is raising a child by myself the best choice for me?
- Is raising a child with a partner the best choice for me?
- Is placing the baby for adoption the best choice for me?
- Is having an abortion the best choice for me?
- You want to choose what is right for you... First, be sure you are pregnant.
How do I know if I am Pregnant?
You might be Pregnant if:
- You have missed one or more monthly periods
- Your breast are swollen and tender
- You are nauseated or you have a change of appetite
- You are tired or dizzy
- You have an increase in urination
If I am pregnant, what do I do?
- You have three choices if you are pregnant.
- You can choose to have a baby and raise the child.
- You can choose to have a baby and place the child for adoption.
- You can choose to end the pregnancy.
At The Source for Women we are committed to helping you during this difficult time. To this end we have professional counselors to help you make a choice you can live with.
How can I decide which choice is best for me?
Consider each of your choices carefully. Ask yourself:
Which choice(s) could I live with?
Which choice(s) would be impossible for me?
How would each choice affect my everyday life?
What would each choice mean to the people closest to me?
It is our mission at The Source for Women to empower you to make an informed decision, and to present you with accurate information. Do not let anyone pressure you into any decision against your will. You may bring your partner, your parents, or someone else if you wish to meet with our counselors. You get to decide who will be a part of your decision-making process.
Call us today to schedule an appointment at one of our conveniently located offices.
If you have had an abortion and you want someone to talk to confidentially, our counselor's can help. Please contact
for an appointment.